Wednesday 6 April 2011

It's just a dead tree

I've been looking back through some of my images, it seems I have a 'thing' for dead trees. A few days ago I passed a dead tree on the edge of a field and pointed it out to my wife, 'see that tree there' I said to her as we went past, 'isn't it superb?' To be fair, she at least acknowledged me, most people would have pushed me out the car and grabbed the wheel. 'Imagine a cracking sunset, the dry stone wall in the foreground, superb.'

Now I've put that in writing I'm beginning to doubt myself, I mean really, dead trees???

Ok, I'm messing with you but the point is, anything and everything is a subject, if it has shape, form and texture you can't go wrong. Never trust someone who calls themselves a photographer who says they can't find anything to shoot.

Now I've planted the seed, go and have a look, there is something out there waiting to have a camera pointed at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment