Saturday 20 August 2011

Two posts in one day?!?


This is a shot from a very recent shoot and I just love it.

The reason for the shoot was working with a MUA (Make Up Artist) to promote her work. She brought along four models who sat patiently while the make-up was applied (and while I drank coffee) and then I took a series of images to show off what she had done.

As a photographic job it's relatively easy, but the hard work comes in trying to create a series of images that are interesting ehough to hold the viewers attention (which can be said about any form of photography to be fair). All the models were just friends with no experience so that's also a challenge but it was well worth it and great fun.

So why the image above as my favourite? I think it shows the make-up well, the model is relaxed and there holds a bit of mystery in the single direction lighting. I used a single light fitted with a beauty dish placed slightly behind and to one side of the model, a white reflector just added a touch of light to lift the other side of the face.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment